Sunday, December 20, 2015

Who's the most "successful" person you know?

Successful is such a word full of...success.



Its easy to measure success with money, but I do not think its just that. Its about happiness and self satisfaction. Success is about feeling successful, its about believing in yourself and in doing something that is meaningful to you in your life. something that is also meaningful to others. Success is about being loved and appreciated both professionally and in one's private and family life.

This reminds me of a film I saw in high-school as part of a psychology course I took. A couple of elderly people were sitting and when death came along, they receive it with open arms and smiles, because they have led a fulfilling life and now accept that its time to move on.

So in light of all that I have written, I think the most successful person i now is my mother. I know she is financially well off, I know she is happy with herself and her lot in life, I know she has done some meaningful things in her professional life and that she is satisfied with her achievements. I know she has a loving family and that all her children are self sufficient and no one is in trouble... I know that she loves herself and is self assured and happy.

I can only wish that all these positive achievements and feelings will continue in her and that they will sustain her for many years to come.

I  love you mommy,

Ofra

No comments:

Post a Comment