Sunday, December 20, 2015

Talk about love. Where do you feel it most these days?

My kids are always drawing hearts for me and giving me notes and tokens of affection..
Pixabay.com just got it right in this image

I am usually not very sentimental, I have never really fallen in love, but I rather build on a slow relationship...This includes my relationship to my husband, who claims to have fallen in love with me at first site. sometimes I envy him this experience, all the more so because the feeling has lasted for 12 years since...and still going strong.

My children are making me feel love, especially when they re asleep..oh! I am not trying to be a cynical parent, the kind who says kids are at their best in sleep. No, all I am saying is that during the day we are often too busy working, cooking, cleaning and parenting to take a moment to just feel the love. When the kids are asleep and I come in one more time to kiss them good night (as I do every night) then I get to see those sweet faces and I fall in love! Yes, even I do so! And then in the quiet dark room I can enjoy the widening of my  heart in peace and make the most of it.

The exception during the day is hearing my kids laughing at play. The sound of pure joy is the kind that just has to put a smile on your face and widen your heart, no matter what you are doing at the time.

Its the season of family holidays. We should take the time , what with all the shopping, cleaning and cooking to just enjoy a free evening with our children and family members.

have fun!

Ofra

No comments:

Post a Comment