Sunday, December 20, 2015

Talk about your motivation these days. High? Low? Where's most of your energy being directed these days?

Starting an independant business is a p rocess that takes up a lot of energy.



If until now all I had to do is get up and got to work (after getting the kids rady for school), now I have to get up and think about what task needs to be taken care of today, which clients to talk to and what are the tasks that can be postponed, and then to when to push them.

But on top of all that I need to think what kind of a business I am trying ot put together, what are my goals and what steps I hve to take to get there. the thinking an dplanning of this business is the hard part.

Afterall, task management is something that I also did when I was a hired employee. And I did sometimes begin to organize my day before I got to the office. The thing is, that I has a clear separation between working time and free or familt time and now those barriers have become fuzzy.

With the freedom to mange  my own hours and the natural tentency towards taking care of  the quick and mundane tasks, comes the challenge of truely manging my own time in the most efficient way, so that I do not find myself pushing work into the hours that should be dedicated to my family, just because a client called and I just have to get things done.

This reorganisation and developing time management habits, combined with the thinking process of planning a new business of m y own is taking up my energy and motivation. But its a rich man;s problem, I have set to help myself, so the universe will help me and I am sure that my business will happen!

Good luck to all the self employed people, and happy holidays

Ofra

No comments:

Post a Comment