Sunday, December 20, 2015

Some more holiday season spirit - What's one gift you'd love to receive this year?


My son want's a computer

My husband wants to win the lottery

My daughter is happy whenever she gets new dolls

But what do I want? its a hard one...

I am not into getting stuff becasue its alsways a hassle to store it all. Every year during the holiday season you get all these dishes and nick nacks that you just do not need...but its a gift from people you love, so you keep it...but then there is not enough room for all this stuff!

My home is already over flowing, as I believ are many homes in this modern day and age. We are a consuming society and as prices become lower, we consume and stack  more and more.

This is why I try to give gifts that are consumable. I thikn getting a box of candy is better than getting a new decorative vase. The candy can be consumed - eaten and enjoyed, andthen its out o fthe way.

If you do not want  the sugar and the fats, then get someone a jar of nuts. Or better yet, invitethem for a nice breakfast  - your treat - as a gift. This way you also get to spend som time together. You can also decide to treat them to a hiarcut - this way nothing needs to be eaten...

I think that the gift I would like to receive this year would be a day off, and maybe a nice massage. this is the best gift one can buy a mother of two relatively young children....

Happy holidays,

Ofra

No comments:

Post a Comment