Saturday, January 2, 2016

Things that I am grateful for - a holiday season spirit blog



I am always trying to teach my children to think positive. We talk about positive energies, saying "yes" instead of "no" (there is a book for children here about a teddy bear that always says "no, no" and what happens to him...) so this prompt is just right there with the list of things to discuss.

In the spirit of Christmas this prompt gets even more extra meaning, as the holiday is all about recognizing the richness one has and thus being able to give to others. Richness is not always about money, as is giving or generosity = the currency here can be so varied. Good deeds are conducted in many ways.

So what am I grateful for? All the good people and things in my life,  and all my experiences (even the one's that are not so enjoyable as they occur) that make my life a richer one.

First and foremost I am grateful for my two adorable children, who have created a totally new and overwhelming identity in my life, in fact overtaking any other identities, as I am now a mother! My children's friends recognize me as "XXX's mom", they do not always know my name. In the Arabic world a man get to be names after his first born son. I love it that I am named after my children, who are my greatest achievements!

I am grateful to my husband who tolerates me and lives with all my quirks, I can only wish to be more forgiving toward his quirks.

I am grateful for a loving and supporting family and for loyal amazing friends who have been with me for years.

I am grateful that I am living in a modern era that enables quick and international communication, and that fills life with interesting possibilities. After all, my current profession did not really exist 15 years ago and I grew and developed as  my profession grew and developed. I am grateful for innovations and technology that makes my life more convenient and that can help save lives.

This post makes me feel like a writer who is writing the thank you notes for a book. Well I have not yet written a book, but I do my best to write the daily prompt here - I am grateful for this tool and the opportunity it gives me to write.

Merry Christmas

Ofra

No comments:

Post a Comment