Thursday, March 10, 2016

A challenging prompt - What's the toughest thing you've been through recently? How did you get past it?

I am facing two tough challenges that are in some way linked, as one is one of the drivers for the other.



One challenge is helping my son find his equilibrium at school, the other is starting my own, work from home business. I just do not want to be so away from home. Although I cannot say I missed out on my children's lives, I can say they have a pretty stressed out mom and that is something I wanted to fix for both their benefit and my own.

A high number of working hours, including extra time and stress at work and on the road (driving in Israel is a BI____CH...) simply does not help a person remain calm, even is one is fulfilling oneself and working at an altogether satisfying job.

In the last year I have reduced my driving considerably and have been much more available for my children, and especially for my son, whenever I was needed. This is a great and rewarding experience and the stress levels have been reduced. I am less angry. Its not all rosy though - founding one's own business is hard and its a scary challenge - having to sell my services again and again, and having to prove time and again to clients that I am worth the money they pay me. Its also hard to earn good wages as a freelancer.

Its a long process to find my own equilibrium. To find out what exactly it is that I want to do and what services I wish to offer an dhow much I can reasonably expect to get paid. I am now starting a more systematic approach towards my business and I look forward to being able to write about my success is the next few months. Baby steps. Think, plan, do. One step at a time and the goal will be reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment